Full-mouth reconstruction is an option for those with a variety of issues such as bone loss, extensive cavities, severely worn teeth, or missing teeth.
At Family and Implant Dentistry of Colorado, we specialize in full mouth reconstruction. One of our absolute favorite dental procedures is restoring a person’s entire mouth, because it so often literally changes their lives so dramatically for the better!
We take great pride in restoring someone’s confidence and function. This procedure creates drastic, incredible results in typically two to three visits major visits.
Why would a patient need a full-mouth reconstruction?
Full-mouth reconstruction typically is performed due to:
- Collapsed bite due to years of grinding teeth away.
- Loss of bone due to removed teeth either from decay, genetics, or poor dental hygiene.
- Genetically missing teeth limiting the forces that your teeth can handle.
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- And various other reasons.
Whatever your reason, we are here to help. We know we can help you achieve the bite, functionality, and esthetics you have been hoping for.
What happens during a full-mouth reconstruction?
After consulting with Dr. Pollack and putting together a treatment plan that fits your wants and needs. Typically she will have diagnostic or mock up models constructed for a better visual aid and to further develop the complex plan.
Once the treatment goals align, and everyone is in agreement of what should be done, a block of time is scheduled and the procedure is started.
Typically if it is going to be a longer appointment Dr. Pollack will advise that the patient we perform “sedation dentistry”. Putting the patient in a more relaxed state, either with IV Sedation or Oral sedation.
During the appointment:
- The patient is made very comfortable and is encouraged to bring music or a book on tape to ensure they are comfortable, relaxed, and able to enjoy their appointment.
- All teeth are prepared for the reconstruction with build-up fillings, impressions, and temporaries made.
- The patient leaves the office with beautiful temporaries that look like natural teeth.
- The patient goes to our lab for a custom shade to ensure the new teeth are the shade the patient wants.
- After the new teeth are made, the patient comes back for the cementation of all teeth.
Schedule Your Free Consultation Now
We will be happy to educate you regarding this popular dental procedure that can literally transform the appearance of your teeth, along with dramatically improving functionality.
It it not a procedure to be taken lightly, so we will spend as much time with you as needed to go over every detail and make you 100% comfortable.