Why We Offer Botox and Dermal Fillers
We are in committed to not just the overall dental function of our patients, but their confidence as well. Botox and dermal fillers have applications for both aesthetic and therapeutic purposes.
Botox is successfully used in the treatment of TMJ Disorders and Chronic Migraine Disorders. Dr. Pollack is specifically trained to use Botox to help people with chronic and often life-altering pain arising from these conditions.
Aesthetic uses of Botox:
Botox is an excellent way to slow down the aging processes. A very tiny needle is used to apply this medication to various wrinkled areas. The medication relaxes the muscles in these areas and causes the wrinkles to disappear. The treatment lasts approximately 3-6 months, and is virtually painless.
Dermal Fillers, such as JUVÉDERM® are used to fill in deep lines that were not preventatively treated with Botox. Fillers are also used to enhance certain features like lips, cheek bones and jaw lines. JUVÉDERM® is typically done every 3-12 months depending on the person.
Cosmetic Botox and Dermal Fillers add Finishing Touches to Cosmetic Dental Work
You’ve just invested in veneers, dental implants, Invisalign clear braces or some other cosmetic dental work, but there are aspects of your face that you’re still not happy with. If your teeth look great now but you have not addressed the other cosmetic aspects of your face, you will have limited your overall result
Although wrinkles on your face are often referred to ask laughter lines, research has shown that wrinkles not only make you look older, but they can actually make you look angry. Those lines between your eyes and on your forehead can give you the look of a “furrowed brow”, which can effect how people interpret your emotions and may think you are angry or sad, when you are not.
Botox and Dermal Fillers are a perfect complement to your cosmetic dentistry, allowing you to get the smile and look that you really want. They are both highly effective, injectable treatments that can be used in conjunction as complementary treatments.
Botox Can Also Be Used To Treat Dental Conditions
Bruxism is the habit of unconsciously grinding your teeth and/or clenching your jaw either at night or in stressful situations. According to the American Sleep Association, bruxism affects nearly 10% of adults and 15% of children in America. It often leads to pain, jaw problems, headaches, and damaged teeth. If left untreated, it can lead to nerve damage, TMJ disorders and more serious dental problems that can adversely impact quality of life.
Research has shown that Botox administered into the chewing muscles can block the nerve signals that make these muscles contract, significantly reducing the grinding and clenching.
A gummy smile is when your front teeth look small compared to the amount of gums that show when you smile. There are a number of ways Dr. Pollack can treat this, including laser treatment or orthodontic treatment. Botox is a less invasive and cheaper option to treat a gummy smile. Depending on what is causing your gummy smile, it can sometimes be used on the face and upper lip to relax the muscles and lessen the appearance of large upper teeth and gums.
How Does Botox Work?
- Botox has been used successfully for cosmetic purposes for more than 25 years.
- When injected in tiny doses into targeted areas by a licensed professional, it is very safe and effective.
- It temporarily blocks nerve impulses that cause face muscles to contract and create wrinkles.
- Minute amounts of Botox are administered using a very tiny needle.
- The injected muscle is no longer able to contract, which causes the wrinkles to soften and often go away completely.
- Side effects are minimal, and most go away after a short time.
- The procedure takes just a few minutes and will give you noticeable results within a week or so.
- It typically lasts three to six months.
- If you get regular treatments, the effects will often last longer, as the muscle will have lost some of its strength.
What Is In a Dermal Filler and What Does It Help?
- Most commonly made of hyaluronic acid, a clear, lubricating substance that is produced by your body naturally.
- It helps your skin retain collagen – the primary protein in youthful skin.
- Increases moisture, providing elasticity and flexibility.
- Adds volume to thinning lips, smoothing out those annoying lines above them.
- Can augment the area around your cheekbones, restoring a more youthful appearance.
Schedule Your Appointment Now
Dr. Sage Pollack is trained in both dermal fillers and Botox. She has provided her patients with excellent results making them even more satisfied with their cosmetic dentistry. She has developed an esthetic eye well suited to evaluate the symmetry and overall look of the face and teeth.
If you’re considering Botox or dermal fillers, set up a free consultation with us to figure out what treatment is right for you. We are open evenings and weekends too!